Monday, July 09, 2007

That sneaky little viddler

I recently found this website that is essentially a blog engine designed exclusively for videos. It makes it very easy to record, upload, and even leave timed comments and tags. There's also a social networking aspect to the videos because they are so easy to interact with. Actually, that's one aspect that I didn't think I would care for, but I find that I really like it. It really can build community in a virtual world, only this seems a bit more real because there is actual video to respond to, and not just text.

Well, it's much too late, and I should have been asleep an hour ago. Tomorrow is going to be rough. I hope to post more often in the next few weeks. Here's an embed of my latest Viddler entry:


6 comments:

Kyle said...

That's really cool that you can do little pop up comments on what you're saying. I need to get a webcam so I can video blog. I've never done that. I imagine I might do that more often, simply because, like you said, it's easier than typing it all out.

sandieman said...

I agree, video comments are really awesome!

Mary Lou said...

Hey, that is really cool! But I wouldn't like to do that. For me, typing allows me to correct my mistakes before they go out to the world so to speak. But I think that you and your brother would use it. Besides I'd enjoy watching and catching up on what's going on in your life.

Kyle said...

I watched your other videos, but I don't have a Vidler account so I couldn't comment there. I wondered about your leg issues when I was watching SiCKO. That sucks. It's such a burden that seems so unnecessary. Amanda and I saw Fast Food Nation tonight. If you haven't seen it I recommend it. Eat before you watch, though. And eat something light. Like, hummus.

Mary Lou said...

HI, I was just checking here to see if you had any new Vidder videos. I listened to the one from Sunday and didn't realize this was a promotion thing from iPhone. That would sure be neat if you won an iPhone. wow! Well nothing much going on here either. I've posted to my blog, you can check it out. www.etxgirl.blogspot.com

Bye.

sarahdawn said...

Paris wanted me to tell you the following:

"You don't go to school to learn how to talk! That's silly!"