Friday, September 16, 2005

Drop a TRAIN on 'em!

I am determined to not let this dissertation beat me. I have made a commitment (a "bargain", if you will) with Kari designed to motivate me enough to finish the proposal by the end of the month. She has said that she would get a small, discreet tattoo if I can finish the proposal by September 30. I've wanted to get matching tattoos for years, but she has wanted nothing to do with it.

The joke is on her, however. I have made a strong commitment to getting this finished because it has gone on for too long. If I don't make this deadline, it will essentially create a domino effect of delays that might prevent me from graduating in May, and that CANNOT happen. So I have all of the motivation I need. Kari has agreed to give me as much time to work before the 30th as I need. The only thing to do is to get it done. So, here we go.

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

I'm sorry..."Drop a Train On 'em"?? I don't get your title.

But I can appreciate your challenge to get the proposal done by the end of the month. Something like writing a disertation is just so hard to get yourself to just do it. But I know once you get trucking on it, you will get on a roll and it'll be done. Good luck with getting it all done by the end of the month...on and don't hold Kari to the tattoo.

Jason said...

"Drop a train on 'em" is from the animated website, HomestarRunner.com. It loosely means, "Take care of business, and show 'em who's boss."

This has just been hanging over me for almost a year now, and I'm really tired of worrying about it, thinking that I should be working on it when I'm doing other things. Being done with classes has been a huge relief; finishing this will be even more of a relief.

It'll be tough, but I know I can get it done. Thanks for the encouragement.