Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Now performing on the main stage, Aidan Martin!!!

I realized that I haven't posted anything about Aidan and Regan in a while, so I thought I would showcase Aidan's performing abilities. He has learned "Old MacDonald" and "The ABC Song" pretty well now, and the two mp3 files below really showcase his talents. He definitely acquired the performing gene. I know I'm bragging, but I'm very proud of him, and a father can brag.

  • So if you want to hear a very good rendition of "ABCs", click here.
  • And if you want to hear Aidan's special rendition of "Old MacDonald", click here. (I swear that he was not coached or directed in any way. He came up with this all on his own.)
  • As a bonus, check out this WAV to use as a Windows sound (I don't know if this one works on Macs). Guess what he did that made Kari gasp. I'll give you a hint: He was taking a bath at the time.
And because I know you want them, here are some pictures:

We got this new bike trailer so I could take the kids to child care. Is it just me, or does this remind you of old pictures of immigrants coming to America? (Despite the look on his face Aidan absolutely loves riding in this; Regan tolerates it.)

Aidan and Regan in the bike trailer

Regan with the blanket that Jackie Fuller made for her (Thanks Jackie!)

Regan and her quilt from Jackie Fuller

The whole family on the porch of our new house (after church about a week ago)

Jason, Regan, Aidan, and Kari on the front porch

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Wow! Aidan is 2 1/2 and already knows the alphabet! That is so smart. Can I please have him in my classes? He is my ideal student. ;-) I can brag too. I'm the grandmother. Those clips are marvelous. And the pictures are so good of all of you. I can't believe how big Regan is now. She is looking like a little girl and so alert.
Jason, I'm so proud of your family. Can't wait to be with you all. Thank you for putting this on your blog.
Love, Mom

sarahdawn said...

Sounds like Aidan has his anatomy down VERY well. Clever boy.

Paris sang along with the abc's, but she got a little lost on Old MacDonald....she likes to stick with the animals. :-)

Can I say that I love that somehowe even thought we're not in the same state, our kids just sang a song together! That's pretty cool.

Kyle said...

That made my day. I am very proud of him, also for already knowing how to make his mother agast with shock. That's the best part of boyhood.