Friday, March 17, 2006

Let's all come together

Hello everyone! It's good to be back. As you can tell, I took quite the hiatus from blogging, having posted absolutely nothing for 4 months. At first it was just that I fell out of the habit and didn't feel like posting anyway. Then I just felt inexplicably embarrassed for nothing having posted for so long. My two existing blogs were not adequate anymore for posting what I wanted to discuss. I found them too constricting, but I didn't want to eliminate them.

So today, I took the initiative during lunch to consolidate the blogs and start anew with a new look, new title, and new address. I now understand why most personal blogs are very general in nature. It's just too difficult and constricting to continue blogging on a particular topic. So, here I am! Let's see if I stay with it a little longer this time.

I've also begun The Martin Family Podcast, which is a collection of video clips and audio episodes featuring primarily Aidan and Regan. The technical quality isn't the best, but I hope to improve it with future episodes using the new camera, set to arrive this weekend. It may not always be quality entertainment, but I expect some episodes to be an absolute trip. There are subscription links on at the podcast homepage.

Additionally, I finally decided to enter the Flickr community to provide an easier way to store and share photos. I only have about 20 photos up now, but that will increase as I have time to upload more. If you're interested in getting prints of any photo I've uploaded, you can do so from the web site, but you need a Flickr account, and I think I have to approve you as a friend/family.

No comments: