Thursday, May 12, 2005

[Passions Take Many Forms] Passion is...

Passion overtakes you. Passion makes you feel that there are few things in life more important than the object of the passion. Passion exhilarates you and flattens you like a truck.

Everyone experiences passion. For some, passion is a curse; but for others, passion is a blessing that gives life that extra spark. Sure, it can hurt at times, but if you keep the proper perspective (i.e. "How much does the object of my passion really matter in the grand scheme of life?"), the passion can excite life like few other things can.

I write of this from experience, because I, like most people, have felt passion. You could say that I'm a passionate person.

Of course, I'm passionate about my wife (the way she looks, smells, "winks", etc.). I'm passionate about my children (the way my son cuddles up in my lap and hugs me, the way my daughter looks just as she's falling asleep, etc.). But they're not what I've decided to write about in this blog. They aren't the object of my passion in this context.

I've decided to write about my other passions: baseball, music, and theatre. This blog is dedicated to those three things that make my blood boil and my joys triumph. Here, I will write about how the Astros seemingly break my heart every night. I will write about the way I feel when Beck is on the stereo. I will write about what Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolff? means to me. I'm passionate about these things, and I now have an outlet to share my passion. Yippee!

No comments: